How Dental Crowns & Bridges Solve Tooth Loss
If you have lost one or more teeth, you may be feeling self-conscious about your smile. You may also find that eating and speaking are more challenging than before. You don't have to live with these problems – dental crowns and bridges can solve them! Crowns and bridges are dental prosthetics that are used to replace missing teeth. They offer many benefits for patients who have suffered tooth loss, including:
- A restored smile – Crowns and bridges can restore the appearance of your smile, making you feel more confident in social situations.
- Improved oral health – Crowns and bridges help distribute the forces exerted by chewing evenly across all your teeth, which helps keep them healthy.
- Prevent teeth from moving – Additionally, crowns and bridges can prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of place.
What is a dental crown?
A dental crown is a prosthetic that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. Crowns are often used to treat teeth that are:
- worn down
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is a prosthetic that is used to replace one or more missing teeth. Bridges are anchored in place by crowns that are placed on the teeth adjacent to the gap left by the missing tooth (or teeth). Bridges can:
- restore your ability to chew and speak properly
- maintain the shape of your face
- prevent your remaining teeth from shifting out of place.
If you are interested in crowns and bridges, we encourage you to book an appointment with our dentist in Toronto at Brush Floss & Smile. We would be happy to discuss whether crowns and bridges are the right solution for you. Contact us today!
Crowns & bridges could be right for you
- Restore your smile after enduring tooth loss
- Look & feel as good as natural teeth
- A long-lasting solution with proper care
- Eat & speak with ease
- Boost your confidence with these treatments