To our Brush, Floss and Smile family,
First and foremost, I hope this letter finds you and your loved ones in good health and good spirits. The COVID-19 pandemic has been a very difficult and unprecedented time for all of us. With the shutdown of elective dentistry, I know that many of you have been forced to wait for dental care.
I deeply appreciate your understanding while we were closed to do our part to help control the spread of the coronavirus and preserve the much needed PPE supply for our frontline workers. I am happy to say that we are very close to reopening our office for patient treatment.
Your health and well- being continue to be our highest priority. We are carefully preparing and updating our practice and our procedures. We are also training our dental team to do all that we can to minimize the risk of COVID-19 for everyone. Please be assured that we will be taking care of you just as well as we will be taking care of our own families.
For your peace of mind and preparation, please review the process below which has been developed to provide a safe dental treatment experience and which will be implemented for all appointments going forward:
Day Before Your Appointment
- We will be emailing or texting you an easy to answer intake screening form to review, complete and sign. We ask that you return this to us prior to your appointment time.
- We ask that if you have a fever or any other symptoms of illness that you kindly reschedule your appointment.
Upon Your Arrival to the Office
- Please call or message us to advise us of your arrival. In the mean time, please wait in your car or outside the office.
- We will text you when we are ready for you to enter the office to do your pre-appointment screening.
- We will review your intake form BEFORE you enter the office.
- We will be taking your temperature with a touchless infrared thermometer upon entering.
- ONLY scheduled patients will be allowed entry into the office- Parents and caregivers will be asked to wait outside whenever possible.
- Social distancing will be in effect with limited seating in the reception area to be used only when absolutely necessary.
- All common areas will be cleaned and sterilized throughout the day.
- There will be no physical contact with patients with the exception of treatment.
- As always, all treatment rooms will be completely sterilized before each patient is seated.
- All operatories will have high volume air filtration and purification units which are capable of removing particles smaller than the COVID-19 virus.
- Our team will STRICTLY follow guidelines set forth by the CDC, Public Health and our dental governing bodies.
- Our team has all required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- During patient care, appropriate masks, face shields, gloves and gowns (when necessary) will be worn by our clinical team and changed between patients.
Checking Out After Your Appointment
-Clear panels will be in place at the front desk to protect you and our team members.
-Our POS machine has been upgraded to allow for tap payment
-After every transaction the POS, desk and glass will be wiped down with disinfectant
We are proceeding with an abundance of caution but we want you to feel as confident as we do that any visit you make to our office will be a safe one.
We ask for your continued patience while our administrative team members reach out to all of you who contacted Dr. Friedman with minor emergencies that occurred during our closure and to those of you who were unable to come in for your scheduled treatment.
On a personal note, I would like to thank all of you who reached out with your thoughtful messages during this hiatus.
We are all looking forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Friedman and the Brush, Floss and Smile Team